Evening Class: HANDBUILDING with Clay
This is a great opportunity for adults beginners and improvers to develop new making skills in the friendly and informal atmosphere of the Clore Learning Studio at Beagle Cross (the Leach Pottery, St Ives).
- Spring term 2017: starts Thursday 19th January 2017 (10 places)
- Summer term 2017: starts Thursday 4th May 2017 (10 places)
- 8 week course
- 6.30pm - 8.30pm
- Maximum 10 people (minimum 6 people)
- Cost: £160 including all tuition and firing (max 6 pieces)
- Materials supplied: aprons and tools provided.
The course introduces a range of hand-building techniques including pinch pots, coil pots and slab work. Participants learn clay preparation, decorating techniques such as creative slip work, under-glazes, impressing, incising and making their own pottery stamp.
No experience is necessary. This course is designed for complete beginners or for those who have had some experience of working with clay but would like to further develop their skills and try out new techniques.
We like to include as part of the course a Raku firing, a unique and inspiring process where red hot pots are taken from the kiln and plunged into sawdust resulting in crackled surface and rich range of colours.
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org