Leach Standard Ware
Leach Standard Ware pottery is thrown on the wheel by our international team of production potters, volunteers and apprentices. We use stoneware clay from Doble's claypit in St Agnes, Cornwall - much the same clay as was used in the original Leach Standard Ware production. Our range of glazes are selected and developed for their quality and colour and are laboratory tested for food safety. The pots are fired to 1280 degrees Celsius, resulting in a dense and durable product. During the firing, the amount of oxygen in the kiln's atmosphere is reduced and the flame pulls oxygen from the clay and glazes instead, infusing the glazes with deep, rich, iron tones.
- ASH: mixed using locally sourced wood ash, this glaze is a soft translucent GREEN, tending towards subtle variations depending on the ash supplied
- TENMOKU: originating in China, this iron-rich glaze recipe provides a deep BLACK finish, breaking to RED-BROWN where the glaze is thinner
- DOLOMITE: this creamy WHITE glaze is named after the high percentage of the mineral dolomite in the mix. Iron in the clay body comes through, lending the glaze a hint of blue
- SHINO: originating from Japan, shino glaze is rich in feldspar. With the iron in our clay, this glaze appears natural RED-ORANGE when applied thin, and a speckled white when thick
- NUKA: also originating in Japan, this creamy YELLOW-WHITE glaze is high in wood ash resulting in deep, soft speckling. Slight variations will occur depending on the batch of ash in supply.
Please note, all our tableware is made at the Leach Pottery by our small production team. If any of the items you require are unavailable, please contact us on 01736 799703 or email email@example.com .
Postage rates are for the UK only, international shipping rates apply, for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org