The Leach Pottery is committed to the promotion of excellence in ceramic arts. As a part of that commitment we offer residencies to facilitate professional development. We are looking for self-directed ceramic artists of a demonstrable standard of quality, who have a connection to or significant interest in the Leach Pottery and our objectives. The resident should display a willingness to engage with the public and share processes with visitors and our Studio team.
We offer 4 flexible residencies, tailored to the individual artist involved. Two of the residencies are by invitation and we are accepting applications for the remaining 2 spaces.
2019 Residency Dates - Deadline 5pm, 31 August 2018
- 14 January- 22 March (booked)
- 29 April-5 July (booked)
- 5 August-11 October (booked)
- 28 October-15 December (approx 7 weeks).
- Free studio space, preferably in the Old Pottery, with arrangements for out-of-hours access in the Clore education studio or production Studio
- Access to electric or kick wheel, electric, gas, and raku kilns, pugmills, extruder, slab roller, a selection of clays, glazes and glaze making facilities (please note the resident will be responsible for the cost of their own materials and firings)
- Support and logistics from the workshop, access to our knowledge, recipes, and help with loading and firing the kilns
- Library and research facilities with over 700 books, magazines, internet access, computer and printers. Our library catalogue is now accessible online for further information
- Support for exhibition and sales.
The Leach Pottery can offer on-site accommodation at £120 per week for a room at Beagle Cross. The resident would be sharing the house with the volunteer potters in the production team. The room can be paid for directly or in-kind by offering workshops, talks, demonstrations, or otherwise volunteering time at the Leach Pottery.
We would encourage all of our residents to leave a selection of work to go on sale in our Shop. Any further exhibition opportunities would need to be discussed in advance with our Exhibitions Coordinator, Dr. Matthew Tyas.
Please find a link to our residency application and guidance below:
A completed application form can be posted or emailed to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org